Santa Rosa, CA 95404
Salary: $43,542.00 to $62,035.00 /year
About Hogan Land Services:
Hogan Land Services is a full service engineering, surveying, and planning company serving all of California. We started with a strong desire to bring together the various disciplines required to “Get the Permit” from the local agencies. We specialize in Land Surveying, Civil and Structural Engineering, Septic, Planning, Permit Assistance and Violation Resolution. As we grow and add to the team, each teammate shares a common goal of helping our clients achieve their development goals. As an employee of Hogan Land Services, you would be a part of a very special team that strives to serve our clients with the utmost professionalism by providing prompt and cost-effective services to our clients.
Hogan Land Services proudly serves California from 4 locations: Santa Rosa, Santa Cruz, Livermore, and Chico. We are a well-established Engineering & Land Surveying firm and we are seeking an Engineering Technician.
We offer a competitive benefits package including health benefits, retirement plan, paid holidays, and alternative work schedules.
As an Engineering Technician, your responsibilities may include:
· Perform engineering and design services with minimal guidance and supervision.
· Perform complex calculations.
· Perform drafting of details for civil design.
· Author project service agreements.
· Coordinate with other members of the project design team including colleagues, Architects, Project Team Contractors, Owners, and Designers to coordinate civil design.
· Provide and maintain appropriate documentation of correspondences with Clients.
· Perform on-site evaluations, construction observation and inspections, and project site reviews.
· Receive and address Client, Consultant and Contractor calls.
· Demonstrate knowledge and ability to perform design of wood, concrete, and steel structures.
· Preparation of civil packages including plans and supporting calculations for building permit submission.
· Application of Engineering principles including critical thinking, analysis, and innovative techniques.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Work well in a team environment an perform assigned duties independently.
· Have the ability to communicate effectively with clients, consultants, and project team members.
· Highly motivated, articulate, and self-starting.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.), Outlook, and use of Engineering software (Forte, Enercalc, Risa, etc.).
Education: B.S. or better in Civil Engineering discipline
Experience: 2+ years and E.I.T. Certificate
Salary: Dependent on experience level and ability